Hello Everyone!

As promised, here are my rambling thoughts from my time as a Noogler in Mountain View. Happy reading! H x

Tuesday 6 December 2011

Food? Glorious Food?

Woke up this morning with what felt like half a burrito still rotting away in my stomach, leading me to decide it's time to stop eating! So, today I've actually been very good. Just an orange juice for breakfast, some katsu chicken and sushi for lunch and then a mid-afternoon apple fro you with crumbled Oreos and that has been it. Can't. Eat. Anymore. It hurts!
So instead of eating, I thought I'd take photos of food. Not weird at all.
Here's the breakfast bar. I resisted its sugary pastries, soft squishy bagels, fresh toasts and many varied toppings! Laughing in the face of its sweet, sweet muffins and crumbly poached salmon....


Next up was a freshly restocked micro kitchen

Get away with your animal crackers, toffee popcorn, cereal bars, M&Ms, Reece's Pieces, salty pistachios and cashews, pitta chips, lentil bakes, raisins, protein bars and all other manner of snackage!
The reason for this sudden abhorrence? Other than yesterday's meal still filling me up? The realisation that our toilets have facilities for people who are clearly too fat to wipe their own arses any more -


While rear and front cleansing and the dryer are all very clear, and beautifully illustrated just in case, I know not what the oscillating button does. And I have no desire to find out either. Especially with the rather alarming STOP button, which seems to imply that sometimes emergencies occur!
My main fact of note today, is that I appear to have started thinking in an American accent. I only really hear American accents now. All day every day to the point where I am starting to forget what the beautiful Queen's English sounds like. So I now think in terms of "frickin awesomeness" and "dudes" and other such phrases. It's very strange. I am also a changed woman as very few people here to seem to swear, and certainly nobody anywhere near as much as I do. So I'm suddenly very polite and very English. This is not good. I am turning into Miss Marple.
Working really hard now, but enjoying every minute of it. Think I've mastered the merchandising tools, so am now building store pages for Android Stores all over the world. If any of you have an Android phone, go to the UK Android Store - the homepage and the Movies page are all my own work. Don't thank me... It's my job....
For some reason I am properly shattered tonight, so that's all for now. Need to go on a quest tomorrow to find more weird shit to take photos of. Got a bit lost on the way to a meeting today and found a random giant gong and some cool robots, but I didn't have my phone on me to take pics, so I'll go and try and find them again tomorrow. And for some reason there's now a top of the range motorbike on display in reception. No idea why.
More frickin' awesomeness from me tomorrow, dudes,
H xxx

2 comments:

  1. That is some serious snackage! I think you have got used to the crazy selection in the mini-kitchen - don't be expecting that sort of choice over Crimbo Mel!!
    Looking forward to seeing you soon so you can show us some more mad photos of google / android / San Fran things.
    Cazza : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bar has been set high for Xmas Cazza! I'm expecting the micro kitchen to be well stocked in Putney, or there'll be trouble :o)

    ReplyDelete