Hello Everyone!

As promised, here are my rambling thoughts from my time as a Noogler in Mountain View. Happy reading! H x

Thursday 8 December 2011

Like a Twat out of Hell

Today's title is inspired by the fact that we had meatloaf on the menu for lunch!
In fact, here is today's menu to give you an idea of the daily choices that have to be made. And this is only one of many restaurants dotted around campus.

County Line Harvest Little Gem Lettuce Salad with Ponzu Dressing
Seasonal Fruit Salad

​Tonkatsu Sauce Glazed Pork Meatloaf
Idaho Trout with Shiso Agrodolce

Kim Chee and Vegetable Fried Rice
Sweet and Spicy Eggplant

Muppet RollPhilly Cheese Roll
3 Fish Roll

Miso Soup
Soy Dashi Broth
Shiitake Mushroom and Kombu Broth
Google Ramen
Ramen
Soba
Udon


Chocolate Sticky Toffee PuddingPeanut Butter Chocolate Chip 
Uncle Jameson's Raspberry Truffle Choco Froyo
Li Hing Mui Lychee Froyo


Who's having what then?! The Froyo selection was especially good today. The lychee one was most excellent. And very orange in hue...


Finally picked up my gadgets today, although I won't get sim cards until I get back to the UK


Already slightly concerned about how I'm going to get it all through the airport. I'll be travelling back with double what I came over here with. So I'll have two mobile phones, two tablets and two laptops. Even I can see that that's a little bit excessive. My backpack is nowhere near big enough to squeeze it all into either. Tech overload!
Managed to get a not too rubbish photo of the Android Zoetrope today. You can just make me out in my Xmas jumper reflected in the glass as well...


I particularly like the fact that they appear to be dancing round an enormous penis. Bit like being back at Play.com.... Found more stuff round the office to take photos of today, so here's reception


You can buy the lava lamps in all the Google colours from the Google shop. But I don't have room for that much lampage in my bag. Sorry. Maybe another time. 
Next up, here's the giant alien that welcomes people to our building


Needless to say, the mobile phone in the background is a fuck-off big one. And I haven't been shrunk to pocket-sized in order to work here. Far from it. I'm getting bigger by the meal! 
Here are the graffiti bots from the Google Music launch last month


And here are two vaguely familiar sci-fi robots from downstairs. I think the first one is from Forbidden Planet and is called Robbie? 


Not sure who this is, but he looks familiar. Munki - help! I need your geek brain!


Going to have to travel further afield tomorrow to find "stuff" as I've finally pretty much exhausted the joys of my building. I was tempted to take photos of a couple of nerds rocking it on the Dance game in the games room today, but I need motion to really do that justice. Same as the zoetrope really. Didn't leave the building today as I had so many meetings. Started at 9.15am and didn't stop until 5pm by which point it was dark. Will escape tomorrow and take more pics. Promise.
I am now over half way through my time here. Much as I'm looking forward to coming home for Xmas and seeing everyone, I am going to miss Mountain View and the Googleplex! Still, have a whole new world to explore in London, so plenty more to see! Not looking forward to the UK weather though. It's got a bit cooler here, but nothing like what I'm seeing on the BBC News site.
Take care out there!
H xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment