Hello Everyone!

As promised, here are my rambling thoughts from my time as a Noogler in Mountain View. Happy reading! H x

Thursday 15 December 2011

Googly Eyed

Tired again tonight. Starting to look forward to coming home. Although I then have a week of chaos in London before Xmas kicks in. I hope you're all looking forward to me coming to visit, dumping your presents and then going to sleep in a chair somewhere!! My brain is pretty much full to bursting to the point where I start to panic, thinking I'm never going to remember everything I've learnt, and that it'll all fall out of my brain about halfway across the Atlantic. I'm sure it'll all be fine, I just need to calm down, stop panicking and think before I do anything! Obviously the complete antithesis to my usual modus operandi, but hey, a girl can change...
On the subject of my transformation, I finally got to grips with my shiny new Galaxy Nexus today. Holy crap it's good! My iPhone suddenly seems really dull and clunky. After years of being pissed off with the shit camera on the iPhone, this one is fucking ace! It does ace panorama shots for starters... Here's outside Building 44 this morning, with the remnants of yesterday's snow...


And here's the 1st floor Android shrine


It's just so much smoother than my iPhone. And all the things that I hated about my iPhone seem to be so much better on it. I realise I sound like I've been brainwashed. But I am genuinely impressed by it. Maybe I have been cloned. Maybe I'm the Helenbot, pre-programmed to love all things Android. Who knows... That said, looking on-line, it does seem to not just be me who rates it. Or maybe there are armies of clones out there.... 



Anyway, it wasn't that sunny today. I think Google are controlling the weather to make sure my transition home is as painless as possible. I think it had even been raining overnight. Tsch! There was still some snow outside the office, which was now confusing passersby as it looked like it had just snowed in one tiny corner of Mountain View overnight.... 




Worked my arse off today, as I tried to ensure I have everything I need to be able to do my job when I get back to London next week. I'm sure it'll all be fine (repeat 100 times). Went for lunch in our cafe today, as I need to get my final fixes of fro yo before I leave! There was a yummy chicken dish on the menu today, with sushi



The fro yo selection was pretty odd today. I ended up going for lemon and olive oil (with added triple threat cookies - white chocolate, milk chocolate and caramel)


The other flavour on offer was chocolate with chili and ginger. It was like ice-cream fire. My eyes watered and I couldn't stop coughing. Bad fro yo. Clearly another part of Google's plan to ease my transition back across the Atlantic.
More than the food, though, I'll really miss the people. The team here are great, and I'm pretty much going to be on my own, apart from Tim who was over last week, back in London town. That said, a lot of them are coming over in January for Midem, so I'll see some of them then. And I'm sure I'm going to have to come back over a few times next year, so that'll be cool. But I will be really sad to say goodbye tomorrow.
Didn't have time to go on a voyage of discovery today, cos I had waaaay too much to do, so I finally tried on the giant trainers that I walk past on my way to my desk every morning. No idea where they came from or why, but they are very big....


And there were honey bears in the kitchen. I don't really like honey. But even I'd be tempted to buy it if it came in a bear....


Right, need to go and do some packing, sort out some paperwork, and get ready for my last day. Sad face. But then I'm coming home and will get to see all my lovely friends again. Happy face. And then it's Chriiiiiiiiistmaaaaaaaaassssssssss!! See, plenty of reasons to be cheerful.
See y'all soon
Helenbot xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment