Hello Everyone!

As promised, here are my rambling thoughts from my time as a Noogler in Mountain View. Happy reading! H x

Monday 5 December 2011

Not even one more wafer thin mint....

Me again. So full of food. Help me. What has happened?! I even skipped breakfast this morning, as I wasn't that hungry, so just grabbed some nuts from the Micro Kitchen. As it were... They were salty nuts! Had lunch in our cafe, and had some delicious Miso Cod and Japanese beef with noodles, and some sushi. So at least I'm being healthy! And a sour apple fro yo that was deeeeelicious.
The only other guy on the UK Android team came over today, who I'm going to be working really closely with. He's called Tim and used to work for iTunes, and I think I recognise him from events that we've both been to in the past - he definitely seemed familiar. So got loads more info on the London offices. And yes we will be moving to the amazing new offices in March next year. Result!! And we still have time to have input into how our area for Android is designed. I'm thinking of demanding a throne to sit on, in keeping with the British theme. Tim will be working more on the marketing side, so we're going to be working a lot on the strategy over the coming months. All very exciting. Went for dinner with him at Charlie's cafe this evening, which is why I'm so stuffed now. I could not resist the lure of the burrito bar. So at least it was all healthy, but I do now look as though I'm expecting a burrito baby.
Not a whole lot else to report on today, as I've spent most of my day in meetings. And I can't really talk about that. We have a lot of meetings, as we need to discuss plans for all the different territories and all the different product lines. Lots to do! I have to say it's lovely to be using my brain again, after the last couple of months of limbo at Universal. I haven't even looked at the Daily Mail site once during the day!  It's an evening treat now. Along with overeating, blogging and getting caught up on emails.
Tim was far braver than I, and hired a car for his stay. So I got a lift home from him. However, he only flew in today, so the jetlag was really starting to kick in. Ended up being quite a terrifying journey back to the apartments. I half expect to head out in the morning and find him sleeping in his car outside! Watching him driving I definitely think I made the right decision not to hire a car, although the roads are really big and wide. I know I'd struggle with placement on the road. I got used to driving on the other side of the road when I lived in France, but that was with my own car with a right-hand drive. I may give it a go sometime, just not yet. Yes I am a wimp. And proud.
My back is fucked again, after overdoing it carrying stuff at the weekend. Not good. Struggling to stand up after I've been sat down for a while. Meant to book my first free massage today, but never got time as I was going from one meeting to the next all day. Oh well, will try and sort that out tomorrow. Think that's it from me for today. Sorry it's a shorter entry, but been mad busy.
Ooh, hang on, just realised the photo uploader is working again, so here are a few pics to finish with....
Here is the dog buter from the hotel in San Fran. Proper classy -

Here is all my Xmas shopping in the back of my stretch limo


 And here is the photo from Saturday night of all of us trying to cram into the photo booth. All you see of me is my yellow hair and black eyeshadow in the first couple of pics!


Right, I'm off to try and digest this burrito before I need to sleep.
More fascinating insights into my life tomorrow. Bet you can't wait
H xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment